Article written

• on 27.04.2011
  • at 02:05 PM
  • by admin

Wordless Wednesdays Numero Uno 12

Apr27

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

There are 12 comments for this post

1. Wow! These are cool. What kind of flowers are these?

• admin says:

Hi Lindsey,
      I wish I knew, I spied these down the street when I was walking home on Saturday, so cool and otherworldly. Does anyone know?

2. green dreamer says:

it’s a grevillea-native to australia- not sure exactly which variety….

• admin says:

Yay! I had a feeling you would know, such a garden queen! I’m gonna try to take a cutting when it’s not flowering, there’s plenty of it.

3. Linda Mahrdt says:

LOVE grevillias! We bought a 1-gallon last fall…and the thing just won’t stop blooming! Ours is more salmon-y in color. I’d love to have a yard-full…there are many varieties!

4. Stunning, stunning! I love the way they curl around.

5. lazy gardener says:

What are their water needs? about to continue my front yard, adding native grasses and some flowering drought tolerant items. This would be cool. I could come take a cutting with u, perhaps?

• admin says:

I’m not sure, they must be pretty low water because they’re in a sidewalk garden without any visible irrigation. I’ll let anyone who has grown them reply to water needs. Linda, your experience is very encouraging!

6. admin says:

Here’s an update: after a hot weekend, the flowers are almost completely dried up. I must’ve caught them at their apex of blooming.

7. Dianne says:

Those pink flowers are way too gorgeous–and my favorite color! The luck some people have to live near such beauty…

Enjoy!

8. admin says:

Hi Dianne,
    I am so thankful to live where I live. And they seem even more beautiful now that their blooms are a distant memory.

9. admin says:

Here’s an update on this beautiful plant. I went for a walk in the botanical garden today, and asked one of the gardeners about how long they flowered there. He said early spring until about now, a few months. I forgot to ask him about water needs, and also forgot to write down the species of this variety, which I saw and thought I’d remember ;).

Please, feel free to post your own comment

* these are required fields

The Lazy Composter is powered by WordPress and FREEmium Theme.